I’ve done this quite a few times before but, the fact is, it’s completely different every time, so I still do it. Thank you to ANewChapter for the nomination.
- Acknowledge the blog that nominated you and display the award
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs
- Notify them of the nomination
- Give 11 questions to the nominees
11 Random Facts
- I am one of two. I have an older brother and we’re really close in age; he’s twelve months and twenty-four days older than me. Before he had his thing where he got really tall and I stayed small (he’s a foot taller than me -_-), people thought we were twins! I also used to wear his hand-me-downs and got mistaken for a boy, before it was obvious I was a girl. He’s also very annoying, but at the end of the day, a good person. I love him, even if he is the smarter/more confident/funnier sibling. Haha.
- I got a B in my creative writing a-level. This is a new one. No one knows this, except my family and whoever they blabbered to. I had gotten an A in my AS but the exams weren’t as easy as the coursework, so I got a B overall. It’s fine though, I guess.
- I used to enter writing competitions a lot, and won a lot too. In my younger years (I sound so old), I was always entering competitions with my writing, and sometimes I’d end up winning, or coming second, or third. I didn’t always win, but it did help my confidence when I did win. I’ve been wondering about entering competitions recently, but then backed out. I guess I don’t have the strength I used to have.
- I cannot have the door wide open. My bedroom door has to be shut completely, and other doors have to be pushed ajar. I can’t have the door open; it makes me feel weird.
- I don’t drink out of glasses, except when I’m out. At home, I have to drink out of mugs. I think it’s easier to see the dirt in mugs, which is why, whereas with glasses, you don’t know what dirt could be lurking there… I have glasses when I’m out though, because I use a straw, and also because they’re fancy. xD
- There are currently penguins dangling above me. In an effort to make our house look nicer, so that we can sell it, my mum hung some penguins above me. I don’t really know how it affects the house, but eh.
- We’re trying to move house. We want to move to this nearby town called Lancing, and we want to buy a bungalow. Basically, we’re down-sizing, but my dad’s being really weird. He doesn’t seem to care if the rooms are too small, just as long as the decor is good, when he should be caring about the opposite. The decor can be changed, room sizes cannot.
- My nan has a tortoise, who I’m yet to meet. I think it’s really cool that she has a tortoise, and I really want to meet Flossy, the tortoise, but I haven’t had the opportunity yet!
- I’m a descendant of Dr. Livingstone, famous explorer. If you don’t know who he is, look him up. He has a massive Wikipedia page. Although I’m a descendant of him, I have never met my granddad, who would have more information on it, because he left the picture shortly after my mum was born. I’d like to know more about where I come from, but it’s cool to know that I’m a descendant of Dr. Livingstone!
- I get upset when people crush spiders. I hate unnatural deaths. People get confused by the fact that I’m alright with spiders webbing and eating flies, but that I’m sad if someone swats a fly. That’s because one is unnatural, and unnecessary, and the other is a means of survival. I just hate it when creatures die when they don’t have to.
- I’ve started watching Game Of Thrones. People have been onto me for a while about this, so some weeks ago, I started watching it. I’m on series three at the moment, a few episodes in. No spoilers, despite the fact they are literally all over the internet!
Questions From ANewChapter
- If you could learn any language, what would it be?
To be honest, it would be German, because I’ve always wanted to become fluent in it. Mostly due to my heritage from my dad’s side. I just wanna experience a culture from where I sorta came! Also, I love the Germans in the modern age. Their culture is wonderful!
- Imagine you won the lottery and won £1000 (or equivalent), what would you do with that money?
Only £1000? Geez, I entered the lottery to win a million! xD No, it’s a great amount. I would most likely, in my current situation, save it until we moved house and use it to do up the new house, so that my parents wouldn’t need to put so much money into renovation. Our renovation may cost more than a grand, but it’s a nice bit less for them to put into it.
- Would you say you’re introverted or extroverted?
Introverted. I mean, unless you count spending all my time in my room, never socialising, being pretty damn depressed, but having no friends to hang with, as extroverted… I sound so cynical today.
- What do you think is your biggest strength?
My morals, actually. So many people know the truth, but they love meat/dairy too much to give it up. I’m just saying that I think it’s quite a big decision to be able to say no to all that, but I managed to do it, because I care so much about those other creatures. I wish other people had my eyes, but they don’t.
- If you were the President for a day, what would you do?
Thank the world that Trump is no longer president! I would also make the US more like Canada (i.e. get dairy out of the nutrition guidelines, and cut down on dairy farming) because Canada is great.
- If you could be any fictional character, who would you be?
Interesting question! Who would I be? Perhaps Dory, from Finding Nemo, because forgetting most stuff is quite a refreshing change to remembering every little thing, and going over it again and again.
- What makes you calm after a difficult day?
Not much, to be honest. My anxiety can ponder over the day for hours. But, sometimes, writing a poem helps.
- Tea or coffee?
Neither. But coffee smells nicer, generally. I’ve never drunken either though; I prefer soft, cold drinks.
- What is your favourite colour and why?
Purple because it’s purple and purple is nice… because purple.
- Do you believe in superstitions?
Actually, the whole black cat is unlucky thing, is so untrue. It’s the opposite, in fact. I used to have a black cat, Gromit, and he was the most lucky thing I ever had. But I believe the superstition might have been wrong; that black cats were lucky instead, because even after he died, I sensed that he was around, protecting me from unlucky situations. So, maybe, in a sense, I do, but I think they’re all Chinese whispers. Maybe you should try walking under a ladder! It might just bring you luck.
- What do you think happiness means?
To me, happiness is about making others happy. Doing as they want, and making them smile. I don’t really know what it means for me, because I can’t remember the last time I was truly happy, but that’s alright. I just want others to be happy.
I’m really bad at thinking of who to nominate, so I nominate whoever wants to do this… I just nominate all of you!
1. What type of party is your favourite?
2. If you were forced to walk in the shoes of your worst nightmare for a day, what would you do?
3. Happiest time in your life?
4. Which wild animal would you be?
5. How do you do your hair?
6. Best holiday you’ve ever been on?
7. Any odd talents/quirks?
8. Anything you really want to know, but have never found the answer to?
9. Favourite fruit?
10. Are there any metaphors that you find special?
11. Are cats the rightful heir to the throne?
Thanks for reading,